- Make about 1 pint
- 1 dried morita (mora) chile
- 1 dried guajillo chile
- 3 red jalapenos
- 6 fresh tomatillos
- 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper
- Toast the chiles in a cast iron pan, until fragrant
- Place the chilies in a bowl and cover with hot water
- Fire up the broiler and line a baking sheet with foil
- Peel and wash the tomatillos, cut in half, and place on the baking sheet
- Slice the jalapenos lengthwise, remove the seeds, and place on the baking sheet
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler (on the top most rack) and roast until the skins are blackened and the tomatillos are soft.
- Squeeze the line into the blender
- Add the roasted veg
- Take the dried chilies out of the hot water and tear them up a little before you put them in the blender.
- Add a few pinches of salt and a couple grinds of pepper.
- Blend on high for a 10-15 seconds, stir, and blend some more until all the big chunks are broken down.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary
- Put it in a jar
This is good fresh, but it get better after an overnight stay in the fridge. I will keep a week or so in the fridge.